Apple’s newest release of flagship iPhones has arrived in the form of the iPhone 13 series. All devices in the set have been enhanced and upgraded with better cameras, brighter display, longer battery life, and more power. While the iPhone 13 Pro and the Pro Max do offer some additional features, the standard iPhone 13 and iPhone 13 Mini are also impressive and affordable devices.
TELUS iPhone Series Features and Performance
There is a lot to like about the latest iPhone 13, providing personal and business users with flexible options to boost productivity and enjoyment.
A15 Bionic Chip
All devices in the iPhone 13 lineup are constructed with an A15 Bionic chip which is the fastest available in the current market. The chip features two performance cores and four efficiency cores for high-end multi-tasking capabilities. The iPhone 13 and the Mini provide 15% faster graphic performance while the iPhone 13 Pro and Pro Max deliver graphic performance at a 50% faster rate than their predecessors.
Standard store space on all the iPhone 13 devices starts at 128GB. The iPhone 13 and the Mini can be upgraded to 512GB and the Pro and Pro Max can be increased to 1TB of storage.
The amount of RAM provided with the iPhone 13 series is the same as it was for the iPhone 12 lineup. The standard and mini come with 4GB of RAM while the Pro and the Pro Max have 6GB of RAM.
All four devices feature a 16-core neural engine capable of performing up to 15.8 trillion operations per second, delivering incredible speed and power.
The entire iPhone 13 set features an OLED Super Retina XDR display providing up to 28% increased brightness making it easier to see, even in the intense glare of the sun. The incredible 2,000,000:1 contrast ratio delivers deeper blacks and brighter whites, and greater sharpness for all of the shades in between. The iPhone 13 and Mini offer 800 nits of brightness and the Pro and Pro Max provide 1000 nits. The True Tone feature balances whites with the ambient background lighting delivering a pleasing viewing experience that is not strenuous on the eyes.
Small Notch Design
Designed to provide a higher screen to body ratio, the smaller notch design of the iPhone 13 offers more screen space for users to enjoy. The notch that contains the True Depth camera system is 20% less wide than previous models. The result is more screen without increasing the overall size of the phone.
Both the front and rear cameras have been upgraded across the iPhone 13 line-up.
Front Camera Features
The front-facing True Depth camera system is used to power the facial recognition feature, making it the most secure facial authentication process available in a smartphone. The front camera now offers many of the same features as the rear cameras for sharper selfie images even in poorly lit environments.
Rear Camera Features
The dual lens rear camera system features a Wide lens and an Ultra Wide lens for incredibly sharp and vibrant images. The Wide lens camera offers an f/1.6 aperture, while the Ultra Wide lens has an f/2.4 aperture. The Ultra Wide lens is capable of capturing amazing detail in dark settings and the Wide lens now captures 47% more light for better overall photos and videos. A telephoto lens is available on the iPhone 13 Pro and Pro max for greater zoom functionality.
iPhone 13 Camera Features
There is a variety of new and impressive camera features that are available with the iPhone 13 series.
- Sensor-Shift Optical Image Stabilization – Provides enhanced stability when taking photos or video on the move
- Photographic Styles – Adjustable features to enhance the mood you are trying to create
- Styles include Vibrant, Warm, Cool, and Rich Contrast
- True-Tone Flash – Built-in that balances whites with ambient background colours reducing eye strain
- Night Mode – captures a series of images and aggregates them for better quality in dim lighting
- Portrait Mode – Focuses on subject of the photo while blurring the background
- Portrait Lighting – Offers different styles to choose from including Natural, Studio, Contour, Stage, Stage Mono, High‑Key Mono
- Panorama – Delivers up to 63 megapixels when capturing panoramic shots
- Deep Fusion – Brings out texture and detail in poor lighting
- Burst Mode – Snaps off a sequence of images, great for action shots
- Smart HDR 4 – Recognizes up to 4 people in a frame to maximize lighting, contrast, and skin tones